Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hostess Holiday Fruitcake

The Hostess Holiday Fruitcake is solid, heavy, crunchy and full of candied fruits including pineapple and red and green cherries. You will also find raisins, almonds and walnuts in this chewy fruitcake. It is a good buy for the money. I have seen the Hostess Holiday Fruitcake selling for $4.29 on line but I purchased my 1 lb. fruitcake for only $2.79. I couldn't help but buy six of them, which I have distributed as gifts to my friends and family.

The Hostess Holiday Fruitcake is not a diet food. One quarter of the 1 lb. cake has 420 calories. The package suggests that for the best taste, you should chill it before slicing. I definitely agree with that advice. If you buy too many to eat over the holidays, you can freeze your extra fruitcakes and use them as needed during the rest of the winter season. Since it is chock full of fats and carbs, you might consider taking it along when you ski or do some winter hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment