Friday, May 27, 2011

Lou Jasikoff, LPPA Chair, Asks Dr. Tom Stevens To Help Recruit & Organize Libertarian Inclined Youth

When Lou Jasikoff told me of his intention to run for Chair of the Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania, I was excited about the prospect and proud to nominate him for that office at the LPPA State Convention held April 29-30, 2011 in Franklin, PA. Mr. Jasikoff shared with me his desire for people to take a proactive role in making things happen so immediately after his election, I offered to help him in any way I could. He shared with me his desire to identify pro-liberty activists on college campuses, to run registration drives on those campuses and of his hope that many of the individuals we recruited might also join the LPPA. Mr. Jasikoff asked me to take the lead in this effort.

On May 18, 2011, I formed the LPPA Liberty Action Student Network. The "LPPA" portion of the name clearly links it to the Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania. The "Liberty Action" portion refers to the type of action we will be taking as a group and the "Student Network" portion of the name is broad enough to include High Schools, Colleges and Graduate Schools. On that day, I formed a LPPA Liberty Action Student Network Facebook Group and a LPPA Liberty Action Student Network Facebook Page. I announced I was seeking Campus Coordinators and started contacting individuals who might be interested.

The LPPA Liberty Action Student Network Facebook Group is located at:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_226201244060988&ap=1

The LPPA Liberty Action Student Network Facebook Page is located at:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/LPPA-Liberty-Action-Student-Network/163401653722190

I then did some research and discovered there was no Pennsylvania College Libertarians presence on Facebook. On May 24, 2011, I formed a Pennsylvania College Libertarians Facebook Page "to help identify and coordinate the pro-liberty activities of libertarian students in High Schools, Colleges and Graduate Schools in Pennsylvania".

The Pennsylvania College Libertarians Facebook Page is located at:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Pennsylvania-College-Libertarians/164846746911935

It is my intention to use all the contacts I have in pro-liberty circles to promote this effort to reach out to libertarian inclined youth in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I have been a member of the Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania since 2010. I was elected to serve on the national Libertarian Party's Judicial Committee from 2006 to 2010 and attended past Libertarian Party National Conventions in Atlanta (2004), Portland (2006), Denver (2008) and St. Louis (2010). 

No comments:

Post a Comment